Project Manager / Electric Utilities - Hendersonville/Nashville, TN
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Project Manager who will work alongside lead engineers and account managers for various clients supported by the Power Delivery Services division in our Hendersonville Office just outside of Nashville, TN. The Project Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office that provides consulting services to public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation and transmission line projects nationwide.
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Project Manager at our Hendersonville, Tennessee office. He/she will work in a team atmosphere and will be responsible for:
• Managing various sized projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities located throughout the Midwest and Northeast.
• Project management duties include ensuring that all assigned projects are accomplished within scope, time, and budget constraints.
• Interfacing and communicating with clients, internal project teams, multiple engineering disciplines, functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
• Participating in proposal development efforts including scope, schedule and budget development.
• Leveraging existing contacts to enhance and increase business development
• Writing comprehensive and technical project reports
• Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Finance required with 4- 8 years of relevant Project Management experience or a Masters with 2-6 years of relevant Project Management experience
• Excellent project management skills
• PMP Certification is preferred but not required
• Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects
• Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with electric power industry and knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services
• Periodic travel is required