Leidos has an excellent opportunity to join our team as a hands-on Systems Engineer to support a US Army customer with both CONUS- and OCONUS-based user communities.
As a Systems Engineer, you will provide system design, development, integration, installation, operations, and maintenance support. Our system efforts use VMWare ESX, Linux, Java, Sencha EXT JS, RESTful APIs, Apache Tomcat, and PostgreSQL based technologies. You will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders, providing onsite support at a customer facility as well as working with the team from our contractor offices. Most hours are day shift but willingness to be on call for occasional after hours support (ex. to support periodic training events occurring in a different time zone) is required.
• Able to work independently to execute daily system checks for multiple Red Hat Linux server instances supporting operations and training and serve as point of contact for user/customer system issues during normal business hours and occasional after hours
• Participate in site survey activities or system resource discussions and recommend/implement installation approaches/solutions to support customer requirements
• Schedule and conduct deployment of upgrades, and installation of software enhancements.
• Build patches and update multiple server suites to address Information Assurance support requirements; routine operating system and application updates to address system vulnerabilities; and maintain compliance with DoD network requirements.
• Provide installation, testing, operation, and support of operational and training systems. Design and develop solutions to technical problems and issues that arise.
• Serve in a technical "reach-back" support role: respond to problems reported by field users; resolve as appropriate; coordinate with the engineering team as needed; and implement necessary security fixes or software upgrades.
• Design, develop, and implement solutions to new customer requirements in support of component development/integration, resources, COOP, and other engineering support tasks
• Prepare reports and develop manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software as required for internal and external stakeholders.
* Bachelor's of Science degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience
• Active TS/SC clearance
• Experience working with web-based software and environments (i.e. Apache, JBOSS, Tomcat)
• Experience with Linux command line interface
• Experience with VMWare vSphere client and web interfaces
• Experience writing and troubleshooting shell scripts
• Experience with DoD DISA security compliance
• Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot systems involving Linux, VMware, and Postgres databases
• Experience with bare metal and virtualized system building and preparation
• Working knowledge of portal and server software interaction, web-based application design and support, intelligence software applications
• Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Gitlab
• Experience with Docker and Gradle build tools
• Experience with fault verification and fault isolation
• Familiar with running basic SQL database (PostgreSQL/Oracle) queries to produce reports and counts
• Experience with Apache Lucene / Elasticsearch
• Highly motivated, creative, and organized with strong attention to detail
• Willing to perform in critical deadline situations
• Ability to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers, and team members
• Successfully functions in a collaborative team environment committed to high-quality customer service
• Comfortable in a high demand/volume work environment with changing priorities
• IAT Level II Compliant (ex. Security + certification)
• Professional certification (Linux +, etc.)
• Experience in Apache Tomcat, REST/SOAP Web Services
• Experience with GIS tools such as ESRI's ArcGIS Server, KML/KMZ formats graphically rendered by Google Earth, sharing GIS data for use by other tools, i.e. PostGis