Leidos' Security and Engineering Programs (SEP) is seeking a Mid to Senior level Controls Engineer for the Center for Information Systems Services (CISS)
• This position is for second shift: Monday thru Friday, 2pm to 10pm.
• Must have an Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
The Controls Engineer works on a variety of projects and part of a team responsible for implementing, maintaining, and supporting the automation
& process control infrastructure. This position interacts daily with Government clients to understand and develop automation requirements and transform
them into effective software solutions. This is accomplished utilizing software engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, while using judgment
in making minor adaptations and modifications. The candidate must possess a strong knowledge of PLC's such as: Automated Logic, Loytec, and Allen Bradley
and be knowledgeable in multiple communications protocols such as: BACnet, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, LonWorks, OPCUA, and DNP3. This position also
provides second level support for maintaining the automation & process control infrastructure, which may include on call as well as on site when required.
In addition to being team oriented, the candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and have a working proficiency with MS Visio.
This position will report to the IT Project Manager but will work directly with the Government Controls Engineer on a near-daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform design and engineering functions in accordance with accepted practices and program standards.
• Prepare project scopes of work, preliminary design concepts, and cost estimates for small projects. Assist in gathering field data and preparing project
• Develop high quality, error-free industrial software programs in keeping with the defined project requirements.
• Coordinate design with other members of the project team.
• Prepare scopes of work, bills of material, specifications, cost estimates, and other necessary projects documents.
• Prepare project correspondence as required.
• Maintain positive client relationships on projects assigned.
Support and Administration:
• Perform or coordinate maintenance activities on process control equipment or systems.
• Perform upgrades, add new facilities, and provide replacement of hardware and software.
• Troubleshoot and resolve control system issues.
• Investigate new technological developments and processes.
• Research, recommend, and implement systems to enhance Systems functionality and reliability.
• Make recommendations to change standards and methods to improve processes and results.
• Provide supervision and/or support for Government Controls Engineer or Controls Specialist staff members as required.
• Ensure compliance with the Change Management process.
• Enforce process control system life cycle practices.
• Develop and maintain relationship with Process Control vendors to keep current with changes in operational control systems.
• Review vendor specifications, report findings and make recommendations.
• Operating Facilities are located in and around the DC Metro area
• Some days may require extensive walking between sites.
• Occasionally requires "on-call" out of hours support during evenings, nights, holidays and weekends.
• Minimal travel (less than 10%), including overnight, as required.
Required Education & Experience:
• Must possess an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited college or
university, or equivalent experience/combined education with 8+ years of professional experience; or 5 years of professional experience with a
related Master's Degree. An additional 4 years experience and/or certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Ability to work the second shift: 2pm to 10pm Monday thru Friday.
• Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and instrumentation process control equipment and systems, specifically with HVAC systems.
• Experience with DDC Controls: Automated Logic, Alerton, Delta, Reliable, and Loytec.
• Demonstrated knowledge with Allen Bradley PLC's.
• Knowledgeable in one or more of the following communications protocols: BACnet/IP, BACnet MS/TP, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, LonWorks, OPCUA, and DNP3.
• Must have a good understanding of network fundamentals.
• Experience with MS Visio software and be able to maintain & modify system drawings.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal, people and people management skills (e.g. listening, coaching, facilitating, tact/diplomacy, employee relations,
development, motivation, team building)
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changes in priority efficiently.
• Experience/Knowledge of Kepware KepServer OPC software suite.
• Experience/Knowledge of Iconics Genesis64 Software Suite.
• Experience/Knowledge of Automated Logic WebCTRL software.
• Experience/Knowledge programming & configuring Loytec Devices.
• Experience/Knowledge programming & configuring Automated Logic Devices.