Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Systems Support Specialist to support the Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP) Government Field Office in Richmond, KY. The successful candidate will provide technical support for Government owned and supplied information and electronic systems. In addition, the candidate will develop solutions to complex technical challenges that impact multiple stakeholders requiring expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles and DoD regulations.
- The primary responsibilities of the Information Systems Support Specialist include the following: Configuration, administration, support and maintenance of Share Point website and other Information Systems to include; computers and computer LANs, internet and extended network connections, electronic security related equipment, electronic mail, FO databases, and associated peripherals.
- Electronic systems include telephone systems, video teleconferencing, facsimile, photocopy machines, and other electronic office equipment and peripherals.
- The information systems support specialist will develop solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines.
- The Information Systems Support Specialist will be the Information Technology Subject Matter Expert for a group of over 50 contractor and government employees.
- They will review all aspects of the IT system performance and through consultation and requirements analysis recommend solutions, and improvements including hardware, software and custom application development.
- When recommendations are accepted they obtain, test and modify solutions as needed and implement these recommendations.
- Provide technical support to the BGCAPP FO users of IT services at the BGCAPP FO. The Information Systems Support Specialist shall assist users with problems related to computer and communications services, including operating systems, LAN services and various applications packages. The Information Systems Support Specialist shall gather data and perform diagnostic techniques to help identify solutions to problems. The support contractor shall monitor the resolution of users' problems; expedite problem resolution efforts and coordinate with BGAD Directorate of Information Management, vendors and other technicians to resolve problems with telecommunication services, computer hardware, software, and procedures.
- Serve as a principal point of contact for resolving user questions or problems concerning IT automation systems, software and/or hardware problems, password violations, and telecommunications trouble and work orders. The support contractor shall determine the nature of the problem (e.g., routine, non-routine, user error, faulty data lines, equipment malfunctions, software malfunctions, etc.) and provide users with solutions to problems. The Information Systems Support Specialist shall determine the nature of problem in order to assist technicians and specialists with resolution. The Information Systems Support Specialist shall collect information from callers to be used in the troubleshooting and workstation and/or printer services. The Information Systems Support Specialist shall coordinate with the Army network, telecommunications specialists in monitoring the LAN and WAN and the installation telecommunication video teleconferencing.
- Review all SC plans that relate to information and electronic systems for conformance with BGCAPP facility design and operational requirements. The employee will also works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Provide expertise and labor to install, support and maintain the Government supplied computers on the BGAD computer network and other electronic systems at the BGCAPP FO to meet PEO ACWA and DoD regulations and directives. The Information Systems Support Specialist shall provide technical support to maintain Government supplied auxiliary computer equipment, such as printers, plotters, and other electronic equipment and software for internal staff use to meet the need of performing under this work statement.
- Provide computer training and help desk support to the BGCAPP FO team related to the use of FO specific databases, network access, cyber security, and information assurance. The training shall consist of primarily mentoring but both informal and formal instruction shall be provided as directed by the SPM. The Information Systems Support Specialist shall perform Information Assurance duties registered in the ATCTS.
- Requires BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Certified systems analyst IAW DoD Directive 8570.01; certified Comp TIA A+ or higher.
- Must have a min of 2+ years' experience supporting operational network to include procurement, implementation, configuration, and maintenance of computer, network, and telecommunications equipment; three years' experience in DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) or risk management framework implementation.
- Ability to obtain a Government Common Access Card necessary for demilitarization facility access
- Experience with Department of Defense Information Technology systems on demilitarization project.