Leidos is seeking a Network Engineer who will be an integral member of the team working the Terminal Flight Data (TFDM) program. The Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) TFDM is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS), specifically in the airport surface and terminal airspace. With growing congestion on the airport surface due to the increase in commercial air traffic nationwide, the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning on the airport ground is critical.
TFDM improves aircraft efficiency on the airport surface through:
• Modernizing the air traffic control tower equipment by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips.
• Streamlining the schedule sequence of departures to improve efficiency on the surface.
• Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities between the gate and the tower.
The Network Engineer will provide hands on support for the following:
• Design and implement network solutions needed in support of the TFDM System;
• Provide both hands-on integration and troubleshooting support centered on existing HP and Cisco switches.
• Typically requires Bachelors of Science degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
System Engineering Experience:
• Systems engineering experience on large software development programs
• Systems engineering experience including systems design, system interface definitions, and sustaining engineering support through a product's lifecycle
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, and collaborate across team boundaries, and with customers
• Ability to interface with other functional areas to ensure complete understanding of the requirements for complete and accurate implementation
• Ability to assess system changes and determine system impacts
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Network Engineering Skill/Experience:
• Ideal candidate has a firm understanding of a wide breadth of network standards and protocols (routing)
• Proficient knowledge and ability to configure HPE/Aruba and Cisco network devices
• Proficient knowledge and ability to configure network interfaces in Linux/Unix Operating Systems (specific experience with Redhat is beneficial)
• Proficient knowledge and ability to configure VMware based virtual networks
• Has proficiency in performing requirement analysis, develop network requirements, and performing product selections
• Ability to capture network designs in Model Based System Engineering tools (Rhapsody) or in Microsoft Visio
• Able to perform log analysis and have real-time integration and debug abilities
• Ability to perform real-time network analysis with Wireshark and Red Hat Linux
Additionally, the following skills/experiences are preferred:
• FAA Air Traffic domain knowledge
• Experience with Leidos Civil System Engineering processes