Leidos is seeking candidates to support our Springfield customer in the role of a Geospatial Analyst 2nd Shift. An ACTIVE TS/SCI security clearance and willingness to obtain a Polygraph level clearance upon request required for consideration.
As a Geospatial Analyst you will apply expert knowledge of ArcGIS while performing a range of geospatial analysis for an intelligence customer. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing geospatial analysis and research in support of counterterrorism mission requirements. The candidate should have a strong geospatial background and the ability to independently conduct research and initiate projects as they deem appropriate.
The candidate will work directly with customers and team members and must be able to create, edit, research, evaluate, analyze, and fuse data from multiple sources and datasets to produce current and finished geospatial intelligence maps and other related products. The analyst will prepare geospatial products and present intelligence assessments to customers and advise key leadership of intelligence issues and challenges as appropriate. The candidate will exercise oral and written communication skills to collaborate and interact with analysts within the customer agency, military service components, and DoD and national-level intelligence agencies. In this position the analyst will also assist in the development and documentation of analytical procedures, development and maintenance of geodatabases, and may be required to educate and demonstrate new methodologies and instruct on the use of advanced GIS applications.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance and willingness to obtain a Polygraph level clearance upon request required for consideration.
- HS Diploma At least 3 years of relevant geospatial analysis experience. Knowledge and experience with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems, (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, and photogrammetry
- Knowledge of and experience with most of the following: ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, SocetSet, TerraExplorer/Builder, Remote View, ERDAS IMAGINE, MRSID, VB/VBA (or some other object oriented programming/scripting language), Oracle and other appropriate software to analyst geospatial data
- Capability to read and understand intelligence issues , military affairs, and use GIS to develop Geospatial Intelligence reports and products to solve problems
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter and capable of working independently with minimal or no supervision and guidance
- Candidate must be able to multitask and deliver quality products within specified timelines.
- Candidate should work well as part of a team effort
- Bachelors Degree and 2 to 4 years of experience.
"External Referral Eligible"