Leidos Corporate is seeking an Administrative Assistant that is an excellent communicator, self-starter and has the ability to manage multiple tasks. This is an excellent opportunity for a very sharp person to join the Corporate Finance team in the Reston, VA headquarters!
This role is responsible for administrative support to the Government Compliance and Tax teams as well as the Defense Contract Audit Agency. Occasional visits to the Chantilly office may be required.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing a broad range of administrative duties including scheduling and coordinating in-person and virtual team meetings and conference calls, managing calendars and appointments for the team, paying invoices, coordinating catering orders, ordering computers and supplies, and maintaining contact lists
- Assisting in preparation of business travel arrangements and expense reports
- Assisting with presentation preparation
- Coordinating with the IT and Facilities departments for issue resolution
- Tracking and monitoring records retention and computer inventory for the department - Maintaining user accesses and document inventory for internal collaboration/file-sharing site - Assist in ensuring policy documents are maintained and updated as appropriate
- Event Coordinating: to include large yearly training event, team building activities, and holiday parties
- Retrieving audit support documents from various systems
- Provide assistance to consultant firms, including managing security access, parking arrangements, setting up network access
- Process UPS and certified mailing requests required for correspondence with taxing authorities
- Coordinating new employee onboarding and off boarding, including requesting all necessary user access and equipment
- Assist in processing tax correspondence and tax filings to be mailed, including obtaining appropriate signatures and preparation for mailing.
- Maintain department organizational chart, as well as seating assignments.
- A minimum of a high school diploma and 2-4 years of general administrative support experience
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must possess strong organizational skills, be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, complex environment with multiple competing priorities
- Must be responsive and work with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing, to employees and managers of all levels, to include senior and executive-level management
- Associate or Bachelor's degree desired
- Previous experience supporting a Finance function or school coursework in finance is a plus
- Must possess a positive attitude and demonstrate a willingness to assist all levels of staff
- Notary public qualification is a plus
- Strong interest in learning the Administrative function