No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos is seeking a HIPAA Privacy Investigator to join our Boston, Massachusetts team. The Mid-Level Privacy Investigator, follows established guidelines to investigate complaints alleging violations of the Privacy, Security and Breach Notification Rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). This includes gathering, summarizing, and analyzing evidence pursuant to investigations and making recommendations for effectuating compliance to management and legal counsel. Also responsible for maintaining case files and responding to citizen correspondence and telephone calls.
- Conducts complaint investigations and compliance reviews under the authority of the HIPAA Rules
- Analyzes information provided by members of the public to determine whether the complaint raises an allegation of a violation of the HIPAA Rules
- Develops and drafts investigative plans and data requests; interviews witnesses and other involved parties; analyzes data submitted by covered entities; and drafts administrative and corrective action closure letters, violation letters of finding, settlement agreements, and corrective action plans
- Provides technical assistance to covered entities to facilitate the resolution of complaints and compliance reviews
- Conducts administrative work associated with the disposition of health information privacy and security complaints
- Makes formal presentations on various aspects of the HIPAA Rules to both lay and professional audiences
- Experience reviewing and analyzing documents
- Comprehensive knowledge of the application of health information privacy laws to covered entities
- Law degree, or comparable combination of education and experience
- Prior experience conducting investigations and resolving difficult and complex matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with external and internal stakeholders to advance the agency's mission
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills (i.e. Expertise in legal research, including use of LexisNexis and Westlaw, or equivalent, writing, and analytics)
- Knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Act of 1996 and ability to use this knowledge in performing tasking;
- J.D. or master's degree (preferably in health or related field)
- CISSP and/or CISM, CISA, CIPP/CIPM/CIPT
- Experience in public speaking
- Strong interest in civil rights