At Leidos, we use Typescript, Python, Java 9, Rust, and the Unity stack to build actual software that people both pay for and willingly use. Our engineers are housed in a safe and welcoming habitat with infinite espresso, fancy ramen, and Atlassian tools. Data scientists in our Applied Systems team can expect to make heavy use of Python, Tensorflow, and Spark as they munch on their ramen thoughtfully.Primary Responsibilities:
This job has two major focus areas. The first centers on transitioning image classification and recognition systems to massively scalable applications using internal micro-service frameworks built on Kafka and Docker. The second focus area is accelerating and parallelizing photogrammetric processes to be suitable for near-real-time applications.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Two or more years of professional experience in software engineering or data science
- Two or more years of experience in applied modeling or geospatial systems
- Fluency in Python, Scala, Rust, Java or Typescript
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance
- Professional experience with Kafka and at least one Big-Table-alike, preferably Accumulo
- Experience in low-latency domains such as video processing or trading arbitrage
- Priors with Azure Functions or AWS Lambdas for serverless systems
- Experience with Geomesa, GeoTrellis, GeoWave, or comparable
- Priors with Tensorflow, PyTorch, or XGBoost
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.