Come join Leidos and our high-performance team in helping the Air Force solve some of its most challenging problems. This is an opportunity to work on a high visibility program with a multi-disciplinary engineering team working in a state-of-the-art collaborative environment. In this position you will perform as a team member in the designing, developing, integrating, troubleshooting, and debugging of software. Duties include software requirements analysis, design, development and test of software products and tools. Duties also include developing documentation to support all phases of the software development life cycle. Strong communication skills are vital.
• Use sound software engineering and object oriented principles to develop new code, and integrate existing code, that is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and highly useable
• Create application tools and software capable of being hosted, implemented, and sustained on DoD networks of varying classification levels; up to and including Top Secret
• Apply knowledge of AGILE software development principles and techniques.
• Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
• The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, resourceful and reliable, and able to bring new perspectives and ideas to the company, and proactively complete assigned activities on time.
• BS degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or related field
• Experience working in an agile software development team
• Proven background in software development, integration, deployment, and sustainment.
• An understanding of the software life cycle, and ability to estimate software development and sustainment costs
• Experience building, deploying, managing, and using web services and applications
• Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• A Doctorate in a relevant technical domain
• Current Secret or higher security clearance
• Experience with virtual machines (VMs)
• Experience leading successful software development teams
• Database development experience
• Experience in modeling and simulation development, integration, technologies and principles