Leidos has an opportunity for a Personnel Security Specialist, Grade level 2 at the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Washington, DC. This candidate will provide direct support and service to the administration of the FBI Security division and will assist in developing and documenting Reports of Investigation. The candidate must be detail oriented, have strong computer skills, and have the ability of utilizing various FBI and community IT systems.
Primary Responsibilities duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Knowledge of security -related /investigative guidelines and procedures, and familiarity with Federal standards and Executive Orders.
- Knowledge of and have the capability to use Lexis Nexis
- Ability to perform administrative tasks such as querying databases, filing, processing mail, performing audits.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience to conduct highly established federal standards for investigations, background investigations, and security investigations relating to suitability and security standards.
- Upload all official documents into the defined system of record, management, workflow, or tracking systems, files, and / or sub-files.
- The candidate must currently hold a TS security clearance and must be capable of obtaining a SCI clearance that includes a requirement to pass a CI polygraph exam
- Three (3) years of experience in the personnel security investigative or investigative analyst field.
- A bachelor's degree in any field of study.
- Experience conducting and interpreting database checks and credit reports.
- Experience performing routine office administrative support functions.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to critically review and analyze various types of incoming material and investigative reports to discern potential security vulnerabilities and to identify viable investigative leads.
- Have previous experience at the FBI
- Have working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operations Manual (NISPOM)