Job Description:Job Description:
Leidos is looking for a Mechanical Engineer at its Picatinny Arsenal, NJ site.Primary Responsibilities
• The candidate will work with chemists, chemical engineers, mechanical engineers, and physicists in evaluating novel materials.
• Responsible for conducting and supporting R&D activities for the development of novel materials of interest to the US Army
• Expected to develop knowledge and understanding of energetics, and performing various testing to characterize materials using test methods for chemical and physical behavior.
• Conduct mechanical property testing of new materials utilizing state of the art methods and equipment, analyze test data and document in technical reports.
• Perform work within required budgets and schedules
• Frequently interacts with subordinates, supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers.Basic Qualifications
• Min of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field required, MS preferred.
• Additionally, they should have a background in and understanding material behavior, statics, dynamics, heat transfer, thermo-dynamics, and fluid dynamics.
• US citizenship required.
• No initial clearance needed upon hire, but must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust.Preferred Qualifications
• First-hand knowledge and experience in state of the art methods of material property testing is desired
• Must be able to work in a team-based environment.
• Must have the ability and desire to initiate and execute new projects.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.