This is a contingent position and will be available upon of a contract award to Leidos.
The Systems Engineer provides support of the design, execution, and oversight of IT projects including direct experience in the design and development of integrated software and hardware solutions in the private or public sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports all program related initiatives, including project planning and milestone development.
• Supports business case analysis, such as and identification of alternative solutions and resulting business impacts.
• Performs in a role of a requirements or business analyst to make recommendations for solutions or improvements that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology. Analyzes and communicates stakeholder needs by translating business requirements into software requirements.
• Functions as liaison between business stakeholders, such as management, customers or end users, and the software development team.
• Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify and prioritize system requirements. Familiarity and experience documenting software requirements specification (SRS), which may include both functional and non-functional components as well as requirement traceability matrix.
• Creates system design documentation to encompass all technical aspects regarding the design of a new system or completing an upgrade of one that currently exists, including design constraints and future contingencies.
• Uses data modeling techniques to define, develop and support customer driven requirements including the utilization of standard data modeling tools to create conceptual, logical and physical data models.
• Evaluates customer provided data and supporting information to draw logical conclusions regarding to how to best implement or improve a business process or system.
Education and Experience:
The Systems Engineer shall possess minimum of Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in related field. Requires minimum of 6 years of experience in a network management environment.
The Systems Engineer has experience with the design, execution, and oversight of IT projects. This includes direct experience in the design and development of integrated software and hardware solutions in the private or public sector. Experience includes:
• Ability to lead teams, generate solutions and work autonomously
• Experience with DOD/DLA and related business processes and technical requirements
• Understanding of NIST, RMF, cybersecurity requirements at DOD
• Experience Eagle ECRT or ITS
• Familiarity with Gold Documentation/DODAF standards
• Experience in Software development, testing in DISA environment
• Experience in AWS, web services, mobile application development and deployment
• Experience/familiarity with Microsoft Web Services/Cloud or .Mil cloud solutions
• Experience integration solutions across distributed systems architecture including interfaces
• Experience with performance tuning, load balancing
• Ability to design systems and appropriately scope and size for required solution
• Experience with system failover and design/COOP
• Business or requirements analyst background with sufficient technical breadth and superior communication and collaboration skills in order to successfully work with key stakeholders to solve business related problems or implement new solutions.
• Detailed functional analysis and gap/fit analysis of software solution packages.
• Software solution package selection and business case development.
• Software and system developmental and acceptance testing.
• Legacy system data exchange design, development, and implementation.
• Previous background creating SRS and systems design documentation for large projects
• Usage of data modeling tools in order to create data models.
• Utilizing an Agile approach to project management in a fast-paced development environment.
• Security+ or equivalent IAT/IAM/IASAE Level II
• Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System Certification