The Leidos Civil NISC III req has an opening for a Construction Engineer to support the Federal Aviation Administration. The Construction Engineer will be responsible for supporting project team members in executing project activities to support the construction of assigned project(s) to ensure that the work performed is in conformance with the project objectives and the requirements of the construction documents. Primary areas of responsibility include bidding support, executing the submittal and RFI review process, document control, verification of as-built's, supporting quality control, supporting site safety, executing equipment receiving process, managing closeout documentation, and supporting cost management activities.
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or Construction Management/Administration and 8+ years of experience managing or working on construction projects through planning and execution phases
• Ability to prepare and provide to the customer briefing packages for Program Management Reviews (PMR), En Route Facilities and Building Systems (EFaBS) meetings, Project Management Plans, Schedules, and various pop-up requirements
• Ability to track and report costs, schedule, and technical performance on projects and help identify potential issues at the program and project levels
• Participate in meetings to discuss project execution, schedules, technical performance, and provide recommendations for improvements, as appropriate.
• Ability to provide and ensure consistency and accuracy in administering procedures at the project level and in the reporting of project data
• Experience in conducting research on specified topics, determining conclusions, and presenting the results in a logical and concise manner
• Experience in reviewing and comparing reports and summarizing them for upper management
• Ability to organize and gather data, conduct analysis, prepare reports and organized documentation without assistance
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work as a part of a specialized team that handles various aspects of project management and coordinate the work if needed.
• Experience using Project Management principles for managing construction projects
• Experience using Lean/Six Sigma principles and tools for process improvements
• Experience using Lean Construction methodologies
• Skilled in the use of database management and project management software
• Knowledge of and experience managing FAA Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)
• Ability to develop Project Management Plans(PMPs) and establish scheduling reports
• Experience with tracking Earned Value Management(EVM) on projects
• Experience in conducting effective technical presentations to management and tactful coordination with a variety of project stakeholders
• Experience in assessing and identifying construction projects potential risks, and implementing processes and procedures to ensure safety and financial prosperity of the organization
• Experience in collecting and analyzing data in order to estimate time, cost, materials, and labor required for construction projects