Leidos is currently seeking a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to be located in our Arlington, VA office to support approximately 800 employees in multiple divisions. The HRBP will report to the Director, Human Resources for the C4ISR Solutions Operation and will join a team of HR professionals.
The HRBP is responsible for partnering with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business objectives and resolve HR issues. Has an understanding between the HR strategy and overall business strategy in order to prioritize investments. Will provide strategic partnership and integration to help line managers make informed overarching decisions in the areas of workforce planning, talent management and investments, priorities for talent acquisition, improving productivity, impacting retention, focusing development priorities, and ensuring rewards and redeployment are focused on key growth areas and strategic investments. Serves as a liaison between line management and Human Resources Centers of Excellence to effectively resolve issues, implement and deploy programs, as well as adhere to company policies and mitigate risk.
• Understand workforce trends and critical skill needs, and collaborate with COEs, including Talent Acquisition (TA) and Talent Diversity & Inclusion (TD&I), to meet business needs
• Partner with TD&I to develop a robust, diverse talent pipeline to ensure sufficient ready-now candidates for key positions
• Build leadership capability through mentoring, coaching and development, through partnership with TD&I
• Support enterprise-wide organizational change, and partner with TD&I on team and organization effectiveness within own business
• Assist with growing the business through acquisitions and helping capture teams submit winning and executable proposals
• Support and consult with the leadership on total compensation strategy and initiatives
• Develop and execute employee engagement and retention strategies
• Partner with Workplace Relations (WR) to investigate and resolve employee relations issues and diagnose and resolve trends and systemic issues
• Coach and advise leaders of all levels on managing employee performance
• Develop strong working relationships with all levels of management and employees in order to effectively address employee relations matters, to include conflict resolution, guiding through performance coaching and counseling, and implementing disciplinary actions.
• Bachelor's degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• US Citizen, and able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
• Experience as an HR Generalist or in multiple HR functional areas
• Experience in HR disciplines such as talent management, performance management, employee relations, staffing, and/or compensation
• Demonstrated understanding of employment law
• Experience using HR metrics to drive business results
• Demonstrated experience coaching, influencing and building effective relationships with leaders at all levels and employees to affect decisions
• Experience leading workforce through a changing environment
• Experience in extracting, analyzing, and reporting on a variety of HR metrics with Microsoft Excel, and using them to develop and recommend solutions to leaders
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities efficiently and effectively
• Strong business acumen, professional demeanor, and demonstrated ethical behavior
• Experience working with management of all levels, to include first-level supervisors all the way through to senior-level management.
• Experience in international HR working with a global workforce.
• Must be a team-player and be willing to be hands-on with tactical duties.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess a professional demeanor and have strong consultative skills.
• Must be able to think big-picture and be resourceful in creating solutions.
• Must possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience supporting proposals and acquisitions
• Project Management Skills and the ability to manage a project from start to finish
• PHR/SHRM-CP certification
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Security clearance desired, but must be able to obtain a secret clearance.
• Experience with Workday preferred.
• Experience working for a Government contractor preferred.