Leidos currently has an immediate opening for an Office Administrator, supporting multiple US Navy programs located at a US Government site in Bethesda, MD. Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting programs that develop and produce state of the art training and tactical decision aids systems. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Candidate will be a member of the administrative team at a US Government development and production facility in Bethesda, MD. Candidate will interact with US Government personnel on a daily basis. Candidate will perform office administrator duties including, but not limited to:
- Support the operations of the off-site High Fidelity Simulation business area office and lab spaces under supervisor direction.
- Perform equipment audits, process material transfer forms, assist in property sighting audits, trace missing equipment, and maintain property records, per existing procedures.
- Participate in government/contractor facilities planning activities, organize office moves, equipment transfers, and facilities upgrades. Schedule and coordinate facility maintenance visits and organize/perform escort duties. Maintain office configuration records.
- Act as primary liaison with corporate level administration and support functions (i.e. Human Resources). Route administrative, support function, training, and performance review e-mails appropriately. Respond as required.
- Enter purchase requests, verifying budget availability and charge numbers, per existing procedures. Purchase minor items using a company credit card. Maintain purchasing records.
- Assist with goods receipt and maintenance of the purchasing and inventory databases and records. Update goods receipt dates when vendors miss their delivery dates.
- Re-route bills and invoices that fall out of the normal processing channels.
- Serve as assistant and backup for checking weekly timesheets against available charge numbers.
- Maintain e-mail distribution lists for the organization.
- Prepare and ship overnight packages.
- Determine, order, receive and stock office supplies.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and a minimum of 2+ years of directly related experience required. Bachelors degree is preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain and Secret Security Clearance
- Active Secret Security clearance is highly preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, and be able to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to changes tasking,
- Be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers
- Be able to multi-task, change gears quickly, and immediate execute emergency requests
- Be able to communicate clearly (both orally and in writing)
- Demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, and effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate attention to detail in writing (i.e. accuracy in spelling, grammar, punctuation, document editing, proofreading, checking data submissions, and understanding content)
- Demonstrate attention to detail in mathematics (i.e. checking data submissions, understanding/validating materials and services quotes, correct entry of purchase requests, validating budgets against purchases)
- Be able to work independently and successfully in a team environment, supporting a staff of 70+ personnel
- Be knowledgeable of the MS Office Suite with demonstrated proficiencies in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint