Leidos is seeking a Smart Metering Program Manager to oversee our Commercial Energy Solutions Smart Metering program. Work includes supervising the day to day activities of Smart Metering projects, including the planning and deployment of new field infrastructure and cloud-based systems through direct Leidos and sub-contractor teams with data analysis of program operations, budgets and forecasting. The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring that the aggregate team delivers excellent customer facing solutions. Position is expected to carry out individual responsibilities with initiative, independence and creativity while exercising sound professional judgment and stakeholder alignment.
Location: This position can be in one of the following locations; Orlando, FL - Lansing, MI - Ann Arbor, MI - Grand Rapids, MI
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop and maintain project plans for Leidos Smart Metering programs.
• Ensure that the individual project teams deliver within scope, on budget, on time, safely, and with high quality.
• Oversee internal Leidos design and delivery teams, and collaborate with the program chief engineer
• Oversee EPC and other sub-contractor firms to achieve execution excellence
• Ensure that internal project resources are available for the individual projects when needed
• Responsible for gathering performance data, preparing reports including forecasts and tracking incentives
• Prepare weekly schedule status, monthly cost/estimate to complete analysis and status, variance analysis and reports/explanations, baseline change requests
• Perform risk and data analysis of program operations and lead risk management program
• Perform budget management and tracking of performance against goals which depending on the project could include setting up an earned value management system (EVMS) to track the project against the baseline.
• Build and maintain relationships with customers
• Oversee the implementation of customer training and change management programs to support the transfer of sub-systems upon delivery
• Coordinate with Leidos internal and sub-contractor teams to develop and coordinate operations management of sub-systems that Leidos retains operations and maintenance duties for
• Develop a project team with a strong focus on quality, process efficiency, timeliness, customer service and accuracy
• Organize and conduct presentations to a variety of organizations
• Works with engineering team to create and develop leading edge operational strategies
• Maintain, develop and improve database and create associated reports for the program
• Trains team members on new initiatives and provides general coaching to develop team members and better service internal and external customers
• Provide support in cost estimating, workload and manpower planning activities, including authoring, in support of the operations current and future business needs on the program (e.g. proposals and task order preparation)
• Work across the various engineering and functional organizations to plan and establish detailed schedule and cost baselines
• Support planning of engineering tasks, deadlines, milestones, and task sequencing and tracking of metrics for the department.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, or related technical discipline with 8+ years of program management experience delivering complex technical projects on time, within scope, and on budget.
• 5 years of experience setting up and managing projects using EVMS or equivalent.
• Electric utilities and/or power systems experience preferred
• Prior experience with Meter Data Management Systems and/or AMI Systems preferred
• Prior experience with AMI/Smart Metering field deployments or RF mesh technologies preferred
• Budgeting, financial planning, forecasting and financial management experience including strong ability to implement negotiating strategies, and engage in long term planning
• Experience in negotiating subcontracts and managing subcontractors; experience managing EPC subcontractors a plus
• Strong interpersonal and coaching skills required
• Strong planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills with demonstrated ability to make unexpected adjustments to deliverables as required
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills - in person and over the phone.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products desired.