No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Job Description: This position is for a Quality Assurance engineer on the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
The individual selected for this position will be utilized across several of our customers to perform quality assurance functions. A large part of this position is related to tracking, managing, and reporting on the team's ability to achieve documented Service Level Agreements.
- Track the team's compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Provide regular internal reports to management showing red/yellow/green status for SLAs during the month
- Prepare deliverables to be submitted to the customer showing SLA performance
- Lead and/or participate Root Cause Analyses to determine why issues occurred and how to avoid them in the future
- Work independently in a rapid paced environment
- Review other customer deliverables to ensure that all errors are identified and removed prior to submittal
- Recommend, facilitate, track and report on continuous process improvement activities
- Ensure adherence to all standards, Leidos policies, and best practices
- Support the development of performance metrics
- Track, analyze and report to program management on trends found in the performance metrics
- Provide management with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Review and submit contract deliverables
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the program provides high quality IT services. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of driving issues to closure, working closely with the team and the customer to resolve issues, and partnering with a variety of individuals. This is not a passive role tasked with monitoring performance, although performance monitoring is a part of the position.
Required Clearance: The individual selected for this position must successfully complete a security investigation by the government.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 3 years of overall related experience with a Windows server environment; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Passion for attention to detail
- Experience with ITSM toolsets such as Remedy or ServiceNow
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
- Past experience with Service Level Agreements
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with peer reviews and process auditing
- Experience collecting and analyzing metrics
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- Past experience with the Department of Justice
- DOJ or DOD Active Clearance
- ISO/CMMI experience
- ITIL Foundations
- Experience with audit practices for internal processes and products, and external quality standards such as ITIL/ISO9001/ISO20000/AS9100
- Experience with Lean Six-Sigma