Leidos has a career opportunity for a junior-level Internal Communications Specialist to join our corporate internal communications team and support the company's Civil Group and various functional organizations located in Reston, VA. Our Civil Group provides information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering on programs that power homes and businesses, guide air traffic, streamline tax returns, protect digital footprints, contain environmental incidents, heighten port security, and enable scientific discovery.
The Internal Communications Specialist will report to the Internal Communications Director and work closely with the communications team, business line senior executives, functional leaders, and subject matter experts across the enterprise. She/he will be responsible for designing and executing communication plans that support our business and employee engagement objectives. She/he will develop communication strategies, tactics, and a content calendar to keep employees informed and engaged while leveraging and enhancing the company's collaborative intranet.
• Develops and implements internal communications strategies, tactics, and materials in alignment with company goals and approved messaging.
• Works with stakeholders to assess communication needs, determines key messages/themes, timing and delivery, and tailors communications for specific audiences.
• Writes, edits, and reviews communication deliverables for accuracy, tone, and clarity.
• Leverages business collaboration tools and implements enhancements where necessary.
• Participates in business line and functional meetings to gather and synthesize information and identify opportunities to develop and/or improve communications.
• Provides communications support for meetings, events, and initiatives, as needed.
• Provides internal communications counsel to stakeholders.
• Drives review and approval process with key stakeholders and the internal communications team.
• Measures and presents results of communication efforts, as needed.
• Other duties, as needed, at the request of the Internal Communications Director.
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, marketing, or related field from an accredited university and 2 - 4 years of related experience.
• Superior English writing, editing, and verbal communications skills.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized, and strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Ability to cultivate, manage, and leverage relationships including senior leadership, and meet multiple stakeholder requirements.
• Ability to work independently and with small teams.
• Ability to curate and synthesize information into engaging and actionable deliverables.
• Ability to thrive in a highly flexible, rapidly changing, collaborative work environment.
• Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness with a hands-on approach to problem solving.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, maturity, and tact with the ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization.
• Fluent with Microsoft Office tools/programs, especially Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities, and experience levels.
• Experience working with collaborative software, inbound marketing, and/or social media platforms.
• Knowledge of web design, development, and basic HTML.
• Familiarity with web conferencing tools and platforms.
• Experience working for or with government contractors and/or technology solutions providers.