Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Security Specialist, supporting multiple US Navy programs located at a US Government site in Bethesda, MD. Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting programs that develop and produce state of the art training and tactical decision aids systems. This position requires US citizenship and a DoD Secret security clearance.
Candidate will be a member of the security team at a US Government development and production facility in Bethesda, MD. Candidate will interact with US Government personnel for the handling of all facilities and program security related requirements. Candidate should be familiar with Department of Defense and National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM). Candidate will participate in security assessments and will directly interface with customer and government security representatives. Candidate will perform security duties including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining physical and IT security in cleared area(s)
- Conducting security education and training including refresher training
- Preparing visit requests for program personnel
- Maintaining accountability of classified documents for program personnel, receiving and transmitting large volumes of classified media, and other document control tasks
- Maintaining facility and program Security Operation Plans (SOPs) and other documentation
- Preparing for classified meetings and escorting visitors as required
- Performing routine administrative tasks, such as filing, document scanning, and media scanning.
- Contributing to one time projects such as documentation marking, library reorganization, and material disposal.
Leidos is the prime contractor supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock, for training and tactical decision aids systems used throughout the US Navy supporting submarines, surface ships, surveillance SONAR systems as well as a number of Command and Control (C2) ASW systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma and 12 years of directly related security experience or Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of directly related security experience
- US citizenship and an active DoD Secret security clearance.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have good knowledge of, the NISPOM, and must demonstrate an aptitude in many of the security duties of this job.
- Must have direct experience in a DCID and/or NISPOM environment. Must be familiar with the proper procedures for handling of classified information. Must have a general understanding of JPAS.
- Must be reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence and a dedication to producing quality work results. Candidate must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to deal with conflicting customer requirements.
- Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
- Proficiency with desktop computing platforms (PCs) and applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.