No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Job Summary: Network Engineer to help support decisions for our customer in the area of network security, network design, and administration.
This position requires an engineer to assist with the change process and incident response process:
Change Process: Must be able to understand requirements from a customer and support requirements, integrated into an operational network solution. This work may be done independently or as part of a team. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Candidate should have experience with network security, including firewall, IDS/IPS, VPN, and load balancer experience. Candidate should have experience supporting these pieces, and produce network implementation and migration plans. Must be able to test and support network enclaves in various stages of deployment. The position requires candidate to be able to produce and review technical documentation.
Incident Response: Troubleshoot network-related service issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow response class of problems. Outages may be on critical systems and candidates must be able to work methodically through these stressful events. Must be able to provide recommendations to optimize network operation and performance.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Perform routine system maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, reporting, incident and problem management, and escalation as required
- Develop, maintain, and implement SOPs and other documentation.
- Work closely with the SOC and Service Desk to provide incident and problem management, escalating identified issues for other services to service owners as appropriate;
- Support network enclaves in various stages of deployment
- Produce and review technical documentation
- Provide recommendations to optimize network operation and performance
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years relevant work experience as a network engineer with a telecommunications equipment vendor, service provider, or a data center; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Professional level understanding of common network security controls, especially firewalls and intrusion prevention systems.
- Hands-on experience and support with Remedy.
- Support 24/7/365 network and service monitoring activities
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following firewall platforms: Fortinet, Stongate, Cyberguard, Cisco ASA, or Palo Alto
- Professional level understanding and hands-on experience with GRE and IPSec.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco SSL-VPN technologies
- Hands-on experience with F5 load balancers is preferred
- Experience performing technical planning, system integration, Verification and validation, Cost and Risk, Supportability and effectiveness analyses for total system
- Experience as network engineer to help shape decisions for a customer or management in the area of network design and administration
- Experience in traffic flow analysis, network management, network topology design, security performance and fault tolerant architecture
- Experience configuring network equipment and services
- Experience producing network implementation and migration plans
- Hands-on experience with the following cisco routing switching platforms: 6500 series, nexus 7k, 5k, and 2k
- Professional level understanding and hands-on experience with TCP-IP as well IP routing protocols especially OSPF, EIGRP, and GBP
- Professional level understanding and hands-on working knowledge of Cisco IOS
- Experience configuring and Monitoring LAN/WAN equipment, Including routers and switches
- Hands-on experience with netScout
- Hands-on experience with Cisco VSS Technology
- Hands-on experience with Cisco / Tandberg VTC infrastructure equipment
- Hands-on experience with Linux, BSD, or AIX Systems
- Hands-on experience developing scripts using various shells and other scripting languages (for example Perl, TCL, Expect)
- Good understanding of network and server virtualization
- Professional level understanding of mobile device management framework such as AirWatch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Audit and assess network enclaves against customer service requirements and best practices
- Formulate network management strategies
- Experience providing recommendation to optimize Network Operation and Performance
The work shift for this position is Monday-Friday 6AM-2:30PM