The Defense Group at Leidos currently has a career opportunity for a Storage Subject Matter Expert / (SME) to work in the Washington DC / National Capital Region.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
Will provide SME level support for Enterprise level Storage Systems at Joint Base Andrews with potential travel to other selected locations.
Will perform a variety of engineering and operational related assignments associated with SAN and Storage operations, and virtualization software (VMware's vSphere, Horizon and EMC) on a set of enterprise-level IT systems in support of Leidos' s data center environments.
- Responsible for capturing, analyzing and decomposing system requirements in order to generate and document design solutions that will be implemented, tested and eventually transitioned to the operational environment.
- Managing and optimizing EMC VNX systems, Avamar and CommVault backup routines.
- Work with leads in other sub-systems, customers, and process owners to insure solution integration.
- Produce and maintain documentation of the server sub-systems in the data center environment, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, as well as all other areas of server system life-cycle planning.
- Explore new technologies related to the backup discipline, and making recommendations for their introduction into the data center environment.
- Troubleshoot and manage problem resolution including root cause analysis.
- Adhere to company policies and processes including change control, security, corporate policies.
- Function as the technical lead for all design-to-cost and life-cycle activities for small-to medium-scale projects.
- Establish and recommend changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
- Provide guidance to others to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- EMC Certifications desired, VNX, V-Max, Recovery Point sub-systems.
- Experience with Enginuity, Symmetrix CLI, Navisphere and/or CentraStar
- NetApp experience is a plus, 3000 and 6000 series filers with ONTAP 8/9.XX.
- Brocade experience desired with DCX series Fibre Channel switches
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 12+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, training, and/or certifications accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must hold current or obtain with 90 days of start date DoD 8570 IAT2 certification Security+ CE or higher.
- Currently possess a Secret DoD Security Clearance.
- Develop sound solutions to complex problems, produce system level reports, report status to Senior level Management.
- Proven Subject Matter Expert skills working with / Supporting Enterprise level Storage and Backup Solutions.
- MCSE certification
- ITIL training and/or certification
- Past experience with the U.S. Air Force/Department of Defense
- Customer interface experience
- Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS
- Network knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of EMC and other storage devices
- Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with Remedy