Leidos is seeking an Electrical Engineer for our Naval Engineering & Manufacturing program who will lead a team of engineers and technicians in support of engineering & manufacturing efforts for various shore based and shipboard systems. Systems will include both combat systems (C5I) and engineering plant systems (HM&E) for US Navy. This position will report to the Integration & Logistics Center Site in Chesapeake, VA.
- The selected candidate will oversee the design, development, and assembly of various systems and components as part of engineering and manufacturing program tasking associated with multiple USG and commercial contracts.
- Provide electrical engineering expertise to analyze and evaluate system design methodology, techniques, manufacturing, performance, and assembly to ensure applicable standards are identified and followed.
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned tasking remains on budget and schedule, while partnering with the engineering and manufacturing program manager in program execution.
- Participate in maintaining, developing and implementing policies and procedures that will standardize practices across all contracts - Become key process owner.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Extensive FFP contract team lead and execution experience; including BOE development and estimating
- Must have prior experience leading an engineering and technician team
- Experience with managing NAVSEA programs and their lifecycle support
- Prior experience with engineering combat system and HM&E products for DoD programs
- Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Experience managing USG contract manufacturing environment
- Experience using SharePoint and MS Project
- Travel may be required for this position