Leidos is seeking an Engineering Technician for our Naval Engineering & Manufacturing program who will serve as the senior technician in support of engineering & manufacturing efforts for various shore based and shipboard systems. Systems will include both combat systems (C5I) and engineering plant systems (HM&E) for US Navy. This position will report to the Integration & Logistics Center Site in Chesapeake, VA.
- The selected candidate will oversee the assembly and installation of various systems and components as part of engineering and manufacturing program tasking associated with multiple USG and commercial contracts.
- Provide engineering technician expertise to analyze and evaluate system design as it relates to assembly; identifying new methodology and techniques to maximize production throughput.
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned tasking remains on budget and schedule, while partnering with the lead electrical and mechanical engineers in assembly/installation execution.
- Participate in maintaining, developing and implementing policies and procedures that will standardize practices across all contracts - Become key process owner.
- High School or Technical School Diploma and 5+ years of prior relevant experience
- Understanding of FFP contracts and prior performance executing similar role in an FFP environment
- Must have prior experience leading an engineering and technician team
- Experience with managing NAVSEA programs and their lifecycle support
- Prior experience with assembly of combat system and HM&E products for DoD programs
- Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Preferred Qualifications (not required);
- Experience using SharePoint and MS Project
- Travel may be required for this position