We seek to build a team of Desktop/Voice-Video technicians who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple areas. The Desktop Support/Voice-Video technicians provides PC, telephone, and voice and video conference support which may include duties such as:
• Unpacking and setting up PCs
• Installing PC operating systems via scripted install packages
• Installing application software on PCs via scripted install packages
• Providing basic user support for the software; PC, telephone and video troubleshooting when operation errors occur
• Providing limited support related to microcomputer networks and providing user training in basic hardware and software functions.
• Performs all administration involved with PC (desktop/notebooks) distribution including
• Performing inventory on software and computer stock and making request for order or ordering new equipment
• Performs service center technology support which may include duties such as installing an IP phone, installing COTS - GOTS software using scripts and install packages, service center technology trouble shooting when operation errors occur
• Work closely with other members of Service Operations team, Service Design and Service Transition personnel and other IT technical and applications staff.
• Support network and locally attached printers
• Use of the Support Center ticket database to track, update and close tickets.
• Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
• Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- Be Accountable
- Solve Problems
- Take Ownership
- Be Client Centric
- Be Effective
- Security +
- Meet the qualifications of one of the customer specified levels (0-4)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently sits; uses hands and fingers, handle or feels objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, XX am to XX pm. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience