In this position, the ideal candidate will provide actionable and timely finished requirements for the iSight program. This role requires strong analytic skills, the ability to communicate effectively in a rewarding and challenging environment. This exciting position also offers the ability to collaborate closely with analytic counterparts and customers in the DC area and opportunities for travel abroad. The selected candidate will be extended a unique opportunity to support an important mission with an exceptional customer, and make a tangible impact on national security.
The Requirements Engineer will be responsible for working collaboratively with a team of other Requirement Engineers to elicit, document, communicate, review, validate and verify functional and non-functional requirements for a software application. Responsibilities include identification, documentation and communication of product changes that are necessary to improve software development performance. The successful candidate will have experience working with customers, end-users, software developers, testers and project leads in analyzing, implementing, and supporting a wide variety of components and applications. The duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate the customer goals for the product to set product vision and scope
- Travel to key stakeholder locations to identify requirements gaps and deficiencies
- Define high-level business and user requirements and decompose those into appropriate functional and non-functional requirements.
- Document, track and communicate requirements, requirements traceability, progress and associated data/metrics with stakeholders in accordance with existing program processes.
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Recommend efficiencies on the requirements management process.
- Identify and mitigate requirements-related risks to the program.
- Integrate requirements activities with the master schedule.
- Support product teams in decomposing and prioritizing requirements, interpreting/clarifying requirements as needed.
- Document inconsistencies between requirements, project plans, and work products, identifying and communicating corrective actions, resolving requirements issues, reviewing design decisions, providing feedback during the project's lifecycle for impact on requirements, and documenting approved requirement changes.
- Present findings to both technical and non-technical leadership for both internal and external meetings, with the ability to explain complex information. This may include briefings up to the executive level.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline with three (3) years of demonstrated and hands-on experience in requirements analysis. Additional experience in lieu of degree and 12 years experience
- Requires knowledge and experience in the Information Technology or Software Development field.
- Clear understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice
- Ability to communicate details, concepts, and ideas, both verbally and written, to both technical and non-technical audiences (user-friendly language)
- Ability to conduct research, document findings and clearly communicate results as it relates to the mission (includes keen listening, observation and facilitation skills)
- Experience in setting priorities, meeting deadlines, and working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong focus on process, process improvement and quality.
- Data-driven, analytical focus with strong problem-solving skills.
- Understands principals of the software development lifecycle (Agile/Scrum and Waterfall), ideally with prior experience serving as Scrum Master or Product Owner.
- Work effectively individually or as part of a team.
- Experience reverse engineering requirements from legacy systems preferred
• Understanding of Project Management Framework a plus.
• Must be able to travel when needed up 30% of the time.