Leidos is seeking a Naval Engineering & Manufacturing Manager who will lead a team in support of engineering & manufacturing efforts for various shore based and shipboard systems. Systems will include both combat systems (C5I) and engineering plant systems (HM&E) for US Navy. This position will report to the Integration & Logistics Center Site in Chesapeake VA.
- The selected candidate will oversee the execution of engineering and manufacturing tasking associated with multiple USG and commercial contracts
- Provide subject matter expertise to analyze and evaluate system design methodology, techniques, manufacturing, and assembly to ensure applicable standards are identified and followed
- Responsible for tasking, budget and schedule of engineering and manufacturing elements
- Maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures that will standardize practices across all contracts
- Where applicable implement "lean" manufacturing to capitalize on best practices and reduce identified waste
- Bachelor's degree and 13+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 11+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Extensive FFP contract management experience; including bid & proposal
- Must have prior experience leading a direct team
- Experience with managing NAVSEA programs and their lifecycle support
- Prior experience with engineering combat system and HM&E products for DoD programs
- Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Preferred Qualifications (but not required):
- Experience managing USG contract manufacturing environment
- Experience using SharePoint and MS Project
- Travel may be required for this position
*External referral eligible.