Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer for our Beavercreek / Dayton, OH location. We are charted by AFRL to work on open architecture research, avionics cyber security research, and aircraft and subsystem modeling and simulation to support their mission. Your job will be to work within a team of developers to implement requirements and new features in an existing software application. If you are a Software or Computer Engineer using C++ and/or Java with hardware and software interface experience - we are looking for YOU!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, characterize and correct software programming errors and correct existing program deficiencies
- Document software solutions, participate in technical meetings, and coordinate activity with other team members
- Be able to creatively troubleshoot and solve software problems
- Be a self-sufficient hands-on enabler.
- Staff works in an Agile-like research & development environment
- Support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational missions
- Bachelor's Degree BS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline with 0-3 years real world programming experience or a Master's of Science with 0-1 years real world programming experience.
- Ability to obtain DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, C++, Object-Oriented development
- Support software development activities, execute technical tasks throughout the software development lifecycle, research new technologies, and adhere to best practices based on customer requirements and goals
- Experience developing software on Linux platforms
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math skills, including algebra and geometry
- The candidates must be willing to travel, if required.
- Practical Knowledge of UML design tools
- Experience with Open Architectures, such as Open Mission Systems
- Experience with ClearCase/ClearQuest and JIRA.
- Hardware/Software interface experience including SBC and FPGA
- Experience with malware and/or protection implementation and impact on operational performance
- Multi-level or cyber security development experience
- Network programming
- Familiarity with avionics equipment and/or avionics service bus communications (1553, ARINC 429, etc.)
- Embedded Real Time Software experience or low-level hardware interfacing.
- Knowledge/Familiarity with OS kernels (Windows, Linux, RTOS)
- Familiar with multi-threaded, and IP socket programming techniques
External Referral Eligible