The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Physical Processing Integrator to work in our Webster, TX location. This part time position supports the Cargo Mission Contract's Cargo Processing team by performing physical handling and processing of flight hardware before shipment to various launch sites. The tasks of the physical processing integrator will help ensure that hardware meets requirements and deadlines before being loaded and launched on vehicles.
Job duties would span various functions across the Cargo Processing team, including but not limited to:
- Perform Hardware Verification Review to inspect flight hardware to NASA requirements
- Document Issue Reports against flight hardware
- Package flight hardware into stowage provisions (Ziploc, Bubble wrap, foam, etc.) as required
- Ordering/documenting flight foam in the foam operations database
- Verification of packing requirements on stowage layouts
- Complete bag packing by integrating hardware into CTBs and performing buy offs on quality record
- De-integrate return (flown) hardware from CTBs Perform inspection and verification of specific data for return hardware
- Capture imagery at various points throughout physical processing for launch and return hardware
- Flexibility to work 10-40 hours/week depending on workload. Hours may fluctuate with minimal notice (1-2 weeks)
- Associate's degree + 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and assisted safe lifting of larger items
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Familiarity with handling flight hardware
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and systems. Work cannot begin on the contract without a fully adjudicated security clearance. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.