Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Engineer at San Antonio, TX.
Leidos is seeking a network operations engineer in support of the Secure Mobile Device Gateway service for DMCC which provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DoD's secure mobile device capability gateway service. The ideal candidate will have broad experience in configuration, test, documentation, maintenance, administration, and operation of a variety of voice and data network protocol standards and a broad range of devices such as the Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), VMware/ESXi virtualization, F5 traffic management, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco Routers and Switches, Juniper Firewalls and Linux/Windows servers along with other technologies.
Certifications with major network system vendors such as Cisco and Juniper are a strong plus. The candidate selected for this position will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. The candidate should have experience with the use of network monitoring tools to identify problems or help customers requiring assistance with network hardware, software, or inquiries.
This position is supporting the DISA customer as part of the GSM-O program. The candidate should be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Advanced Networking techniques: port aggregation, IPSEC, L2TP/VPN. IPS route-maps and capture filters
- Cisco ASA Firewall knowledge: STP, VLANS, Trunking, Static / Dynamic routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Knowledge of F5 Big IP Devices, Juniper Firewalls, and Cisco switches - Knowledge of Linux scripting languages such as: Python, Perl, or Shell a plus
- Experience with Windows SCCM and WSUS configuration/management preferred
- Proven ability to configure, maintain, and providing technical problem resolution for Windows Server services preferred
- Experience with Windows AD Domain Services, AD Federation Services, and AD Group Policy a plus
- Providing technical problem resolution for complex network infrastructure problems or anomalies.
- Technical review of all aspects of the Cisco Voice and Data network. Must be organized, process oriented, possess skills in diagramming and a solid understanding of WAN principals.
- Experience with Cisco Voice platforms, Call Manager, Unity, VOIP gateway, SIP, PRI's, Dialing plans, and Cisco Unified Boundary Element (CUBE)
- Experience operating or sustaining an Enterprise level architecture where users are located at multiple sites.
- Experience providing technical resolution with customers at remote sites.
- Work with customers (who possess minimal skillset) over the phone to execute commands.
- DoD 8570 requirement - (CompTIA Security+ or higher)
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.