Leidos is seeking a Sr. Java Developer for Baltimore location. The Senior Java Developer shall have extensive experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications. Has prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. Ability to develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools. The candidate will demonstrate design experience and be willing to challenge other team member's designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback. The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
Key Required Skills:
- Extensive Design and Programming skills in Java and JEE technologies.
- Extensive hands-on experience with one or more frameworks such as AngularJS, jQuery, ReactJS, and Express/Node.js
- Experience working on Agile projects and strong knowledge of Agile terminology and tools including VersionOne.
- Experience in developing the applications using Single-Page Architecture.
- Experience in coding "responsive" web pages with an understanding of the cross-browser limitations and browser compliance standards.
- Experience designing and deploying cloud-native applications onto AWS with PostgreSQL.
- Deep Knowledge of PaaS offerings such as Red Hat OpenShift and Docker.
- Experience with modern software development tools for Continuous Integration including Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience with Web Services Technologies (XML, JAXP, JAXB, JAX-WS, AXIS, JERSEY, JSON, CXF, REST and SOAP) and Security (LTPA, JWT, OAUTH2).
- Hands-on Design and development experience on Microservices and Restful API.
- Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. JUnit, Mocking frameworks), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior-driven development (BDD) (Cucumber).
- Experience with JEE technologies including Struts, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, and Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, SOAP/RESTful, XML, DB2, Tomcat, WebSphere.
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities in web applications and addressing them.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with the implementation of Section 508 standards for Web Applications.
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
- Knowledge on Document Management Architecture (DMA) involving Barcodes and Document Indexing.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors + 11 Years OR Masters + 9 Years of professional experience