We are hiring for a Project Manager in our exciting Chantilly, VA office location. Must have an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph. This role leads and manages discrete contract transition activities and tasks for transferring operational responsibility from incumbent contractors to the Leidos program team. This role plans, organizes, executes, monitors, controls, secures, and manages resources to foster successful completion of the transition. Duties include ensuring that the transition occurs within the defined schedule, scope, time and budget constraints; management of the transition plan and integrated master schedule; management, tasking and scheduling of the transition teams, functional area actions, and supporting program manager with other activities including hiring; facilitates customer meetings and program team meetings to enable a smooth transition including leading risk, issue and opportunity management board and transition status reviews. This role interfaces with Government, Leidos leadership, project leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
Working with minimal supervision, the successful candidate will participate in the development and preparation of proposals in the areas of staff planning and transition plan development and execution. This individual will initially work with the current transition manager to develop strong competency with the contract transition management process. He or she will then assume the role of primary transition manager, supporting both proposal development and on-contract transition efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree and eight years prior relevant work experience in systems engineering or project management. Additional years of work experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
- Experience negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations.
- Experience supervising and directing others.
- Proven success in planning, organizing, executing, monitoring and controlling, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of complex projects.
- Success in recommending and implementing new solutions, efficiencies, processes, policies, and standards.
- Risk, issue and opportunity management experience.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to deal with high operational tempo involving quick response and coordination of numerous personnel of diverse functional and technical areas of expertise.
- Experience managing projects utilizing industry standard project management principles.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective and professional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and deliver executive and customer level presentations and briefings.
- Skilled in the use of the Microsoft tools suite.
- Advanced collaboration and negotiation skills
- Must have the ability to facilitate meetings and working groups where participants have divergent interests to arrive at the desired outcome and mutually accepted solution.
- Must be able to travel to Aurora, CO Leidos office once a month.
- Previous program transition experience on other government contracts a plus.
- PMP Certification, ITIL Foundations, or willingness and ability to acquire within six months of date of assignment.