Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineer to work in our St. Petersburg, Florida office. This is an opportunity to use your skills supporting the development of real time, embedded, mission critical systems.
The Software Engineer will assist in the development of mission critical software written in C++. The person will be part of a software development team utilizing object oriented design methodologies modeled in UML. The initial focus of this position is participating in the design and implementation of software supporting MANET communications, sensor integration, and/or data fusion. Additional tasking and responsibilities are expected over time.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the design, code and test software to support real time, embedded, software systems
- Ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, and fault tolerant
- Perform integration and test of software on varying hardware platforms
- Support all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, system design, software development, integration and test, documentation, and maintenance, for complex software system/applications.
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- 2+ years' experience all phases of Software Engineering including requirements, design, code, test and integration
- 2+ years' experience with C/C++
- 2+ years of Linux experience
- Real-time software development experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Rhapsody
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum
- Knowledge of or experience with UML, object oriented design, model driven development