• Serve as Assistant Battalion Aircraft Maintenance Officer (BAMO). Provide long-term continuity and technical support assistance in aviation maintenance and logistics matters. Assist BAMO and Contracting Officer's Representatives (CORs) with the oversight and day-to-day management of all contractors supporting the 204th MI BN.
• Serve as subject matter expert on matters pertinent to aircraft maintenance and logistics. Help develop and implement unit aviation maintenance policy and makes recommendations regarding aviation materiel maintenance program improvements.
• Coordinate with FT Bliss Directorate for Public Works for maintenance and repair of hangar (facility) systems.
• Assist maintenance and supply personnel with best DOD and industry practices.
• Provide technical advice to the battalion command group on matters that affect readiness or capabilities of the fleet. Monitor unit readiness for logistical and maintenance problems and contractor support requirements and provides recommendations.
• Help coordinate and track aircraft maintenance and modification scheduling.
• Maintain aviation safety message files (Safety of Flight (SOF), Aviation Safety Advisory Messages (ASAM), Aviation Maintenance Action Message (AMAM), and Maintenance Information Message System (MIMS)) and provide compliance reports to higher headquarters.
• Provide readiness information to support Unit Status Reporting (USR) and Aircraft Status Reporting of all assigned aircraft.
• Prepare and distribute to higher headquarters the unit's Daily Aircraft Status Report.
• Maintain (manually) DA Form 1352-1s for all aircraft assigned to the 204th MI BN and load them daily into the INSCOM G4 portal/COP.
• Prepare and distribute to higher headquarters the DA Form 1352 (Army Aircraft Inventory, Status, and Flying Hour Report) to include drafting BN CDR's comments.
• Participate in conferences and meetings to include program management reviews.
• Bachelor's Degree in Aviation Logistics or a related field from an accredited college/ university with four years of military experience in Aviation Maintenance; or
• Associates Degree in Aviation Logistics or a related field from an accredited college/ university with eight years of military experience in Aviation Maintenance; or
• Military or related civilian equivalent training and ten years of experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge in aviation logistics management and records keeping.
• Knowledge of Unit Level Logistics System-Aviation.
• Knowledge of Army aviation logistics operations and in particular, knowledge of how Army aviation support units operate and organize to sustain operations.
• Extensive knowledge of the Army aviation enterprise and expertise to provide technical advisory service for the proper modification of aircraft equipment and the ability to evaluate work accomplished against established goals and objectives.
• Working knowledge of the characteristics of aircraft, aircraft systems, and aircraft components to support special programs required by aerial intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance units.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and oral communications.