The candidate is responsible for the efficient and smooth operation of IT systems in support of multiple deployed platforms. The candidate will be responsible for designing, configuring, and maintaining the information system.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues on servers, clients and networks
- Communicate effectively with other government and commercial entities about end user issues
- Create documentation on new or existing technologies, how to implement updates and/or enclave expansions
- Create and/or update multi-vendor firewall and switch configurations for new devices or network expansions
- Research, recommend, and evaluate network performance, optimization, and security solutions.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of system administration of a Microsoft domain or VMware environment. Additional 2 years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree
- Security+ certification required.
- Ability to identify issues and research fixes
- Knowledge of DISA STIGs and how to implement hardening to network devices i.e. Routers, L3/L2 switches, Cisco ASAs, firewalls
- Knowledge and experience with setting up Domains, Active Directory, DNS, GPOs, DHCP, Radius.
- Strong desire to grow and learn new IT technologies
- Be able to obtain a passport and visa to travel internationally
- Be able to travel to OCONUS based on rotational schedule
- Able to work long, irregular hours in hardship and hazardous locations when OCONUS
- Must be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires successful deployment physical, immunizations, and training
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have active Secret clearance within 30 days of formal acceptance
Active Secret clearance
Certifications: Cisco , Microsoft or VMware Certified Professional for vSphere