Leidos is seeking a Software Configuration Manager to work on-site at the US National Data Center (US NDC) on Patrick AFB, FL, government customer site. Candidates must currently possess a Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.The US NDC is the geophysical data acquisition, data processing, reporting and archiving component of the United States Atomic Energy Detection System (USAEDS) operated by the Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) at Patrick AFB, Florida. AFTAC's mission is to monitor compliance with nuclear test ban treaties to standards set by US verification and policy leaders.
The candidate join the configuration management team to support the state-of-the-art nuclear test monitoring system. The candidate will work with a team providing software configuration management support for the systems that acquires, processes, reports, and archives data from a worldwide network of seismic, hydroacoustic and infrasonic sensors. Candidate will assist the team, who is responsible for the maintenance and sustainment of the US NDC system, which is comprised of over 1.2 million lines of code in various languages including C, C++, Java, Scheme, and various Perl and shell scripts under the Solaris Unix 10 and 11 and Red Hat Linux v6 and v7 operating systems. Candidate will support weekly Configuration Management Board (CMB), Analysis Review Group (ARG), and developer scrum meetings, and help maintain all CM-related documentation.
- DoD Secret security clearance required on day 1 (ability to obtain TS/SCI)
- Bachelors Degree in an Information Technology (IT) field of study and 4-8 year of prior relevant experience. In lieu of degree, certifications and experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- IAT Level II certification, as defined in the DoD 8570.01 IA Workforce Improvement Program (i.e. CompTIA Security+ certification), must be earned within 6 months of hire date.
- Possess minimum of 2 years software configuration management experience
- Fluent in Unix and Linux fundamentals (Solaris Unix 10/11 and/or RedHat 6/7), Perl and shell scripting
- Fluent with software management tools (i.e. Git, Clearcase)
- Fluent with build scripting using Makefiles and Ant
- Ability to concurrently support up to twelve integration build and release efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Available for on-call support for 24x7 operational mission system
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work in a team environment to include customer and contractor technical, end users, and management team members.
- Solid oral and written communication skills to render concise reports, summaries, documentation, guides, and presentations.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and the ability to perform continuous research and analysis and support technology evaluations.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Rational Team Concert, Jira).
- Experience with Virtual Machines (VM) environment
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.