Leidos has a career opportunity for a Program Finance Analyst to provide program support in Columbia, MD. The PFA is responsible for planning, tracking , analysis, and reporting on projects of various contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk. Individuals in this role have significant interface with Project Managers, Contracts, Senior Technical Personnel, as well as other organizations.
Responsibilities include: implementation of financial policies and procedures in support of projects; establishment and maintenance of cost/schedule baselines, development of WBS and budgets based on program requirements; managing subcontractor hours and costs and assessing funding needs; ensuring all financial deliverables are submitted; communicating with the customer to ensure financial requirements are met; preparation of written and verbal reports to management regarding financial metrics including cost and schedule variances; program life-cycle activities such as project setup/ maintenance; internal financial activities such as invoicing support, accruals, and program financial revenue projections and variance analysis; development and maintenance of Estimates at Completion (EACs); participation in proposals through BOE support, cost modeling and providing input into cost volumes.
- Requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Knowledge or experience in business related subject areas such as financial administration, financial analysis, cost accounting, and/or general accounting.
- Must be able to extract data from multiple sources and effectively summarize the current financial position of the program.
- Ability to commit to customer service, be well organized, be able to plan and prioritize assignments, and be able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to propose and implement project/program improvements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical skills in order to successfully perform in our fast-moving environment that require quick and accurate responses.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Program Finance Field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments.
- Basic knowledge of multiple contract types: FFP, T&M, CPFF and CPAF.
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentations skills, and the ability to operate independently.
- Strong background in the entire Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, particularly in the development of formulas, v-look ups, pivot tables, and macros.