The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Transition Manager to provide leadership on a mission-critical program whose purpose is to development, modernize, enhance, operate and maintain services for DHS/CBP mission critical systems. As part of the As-Is Transition Phase-in, the Leidos Transition Manager will ensure Leidos personnel are in-place with required knowledge and appropriate access to tools, systems, and activities necessary for the transition from the incumbent over to Leidos. Additionally, the Transition Manager will lead the development Transition Phase-Out planning for the transition of the entire scope of services and service management to a successor contractor to include staffing, artifacts, infrastructure, models, processes, licenses, assets, facilities and tools.
• Lead the planning of all associated activities necessary for the transition of services, licenses, tools, infrastructure, assets, and facilities from the incumbent contractor to Leidos.
• Lead the development and submission of contract deliverables such as Transition Phase-In Plans, Transition Readiness Review packages, and Transition Phase-Out plans.
• Lead the development and submission of a Transition Phase-out Plan to include details of phase-out for each transition project, as appropriate.
• Lead the preparation of the Transition Phase-out Plan and Phase-out Plan execution.
• Document and present Capture lessons learned during Transition Phase-In.
• Lead kick-off meetings between Leidos, as-is staff, and Government leadership at various sites for awareness of activities and actions to facilitate the transition.
• Experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Demonstrated experience managing large-scale contract transitions and related transition of services.
• Demonstrated experience applying project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK or SDLC.
• Demonstrated understanding of ITIL Service Design and/or Service Transition processes.
• Able to possess an active DHS Secret security clearance.
List additional skills and experience that is "nice to have" but not required.
• Prior DHS experience delivering transition or system migration services and support.
• PMP Certification.
• ITIL Certification.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.