The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Cloud Architect to provide technical leadership on a mission-critical program whose purpose is to development, modernize, enhance, operate and maintain services for DHS/CBP mission critical systems. Cloud Architect requires a strong mix of communications skills and hands on technical trouble shooting to support application issues and application of preventative measures. The Cloud Architect will serves as lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) for implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud migration plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. The successful candidate will have related multiple years of hands-on experience of supporting Cloud Services such as AWS and Azure. Professional Cloud certifications such as AWS, AZURE, CLOUD+ or other with related ones are required.
• Public Cloud Service Provider (AWS GovCloud) Infrastructure Support
• Proxy Auditing and Inspection of Public Cloud Service and External Hosting providers
• Private Cloud (On-Premise) Infrastructure Support
• Leading legacy application cloud readiness assessments
• Evaluate the costs and identify efficiencies of delivering service to the customer.
• Negotiate with stakeholders (Vendors, Customer, etc.) to generate ideas and clarify specifications.
• Delegate tasks as necessary to the team and maintains accountability for results.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes
• Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Experienced in implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy, and delivery of cloud solutions.
• Experienced in cloud deployment, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS) Cloud architecture and core services.
• Demonstrated understanding of IT infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Cloud resource provisions, deployment, microservices, and DevSecOps
• Solid knowledge on Cloud security and monitoring
• Team Lead and/or Technical Lead experience
• Professional Cloud Certifications such as AWS, Azure, or CLOUD+
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
• BA/BS or equivalent experience and 10+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8+ years or prior relevant experience.
• DHS customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
• Demonstrated Cloud deployment models and related experience (Private/Public/Hybrid cloud)
• Experience with AWS GovCloud.
• AWS Certified Solution Architect - Professional.
• Microsoft Azure Cloud experience.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.