No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
Power homes and businesses
Guide air traffic
Streamline tax returns
Protect digital footprints
Contain environmental incidents
Heighten port security
Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos is seeking a Mainframe Systems Programmer!
Primary Responsibilities: Serves as a Systems Programmer in the mainframe environment, which provides mainframe systems support for DOJ-wide customers in an Enterprise data center environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Mainframe Automation Systems Programmer -Responsible for the installation, configuration, monitoring, automation, integrity, technical support, and maintenance of the Department's IBM System z mainframe automations and user application Software environment.
• Open Systems (Red Hat Linux) BMC MainView Console Management for zEnterprise (formally known as IO Concepts) - responsible for the installation, configuration, monitoring, automation, integrity, technical support, and maintenance of the Department's remote MVS console emulator application software environment and coding of all automated alert notifications.
• Installation, customization, and patching of the CA-Scheduler and CA-OPS/MVS software products.
• Provide onsite support of OSS PM activities 10 weekends per year supporting products for which he or she is responsible.
This position requires:
Systems Programming Support:
• Must install, maintain, and support software that executes on the mainframe and Red Hat Linux systems. Requires strong automation strategy and REXX coding skills.
• Thorough knowledge of the installation , customization, and configuration of CA OPS/MVS, CA OPS/MVS Multi-System Facility (MSF), CA-ENF, CA- Datacom/AD, CA Scheduler, and BMC MainView Console Management for zEnterprise.
• Thorough knowledge of z/OS Parmlib procedures and error checking, critical for successful mainframe CPU Initial Program Loads (IPL's).
• Strong analytical, performance tuning, and problem resolution skills.
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and resolve automation software and customer application software related problems.
• Thorough knowledge of code writing required by the various software packages.
• Extensive experience installing and migrating to new software releases.
• Thorough knowledge of coding scripts that are processed through BMC's XMATTERS that generates automated alerts.
• Ensure integrity, availability and performance of DB2 database systems by providing technical support and maintenance.
• Monitor database performance and recommend improvements for operational efficiency.
• Assist in capacity planning, space management and data maintenance activities for database system.
• Perform troubleshooting and maintenance of multiple databases.
• Monitor databases regularly to check for any errors such as existing locks and failed updates.
• Oversee utilization of data and log files.
• Manage database logins and permissions for users.
** Clearance required: Active Public Trust upfront. May need/be required to be able to obtain Top Secret clearance if customer needs it later on **
Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Required Skills HW:
• IBM z196, IBM z10, IBM EC12, IBM TS3500 VTL
Required Skills SW:
• Operating Systems: z/OS, Red Hat LINUX
• IBM SW: DB2, JES2, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, RMF, SMF, JCL, FTP, VTAM, SMP/E, CA-OPS/MVS, SyslogD, Teleview, IBM Utilities, Unix System Services (USS), ZFS File System, Tape Management Software (CA-1), HSM, CA-Scheduler, CA-ENF CA-MSM
• Languages: Assembly Languages, CLIST, REXX,
• Other: BMC Remedy Change Management, Reflections, CONNECT:DIRECT, FDR
• Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
• Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
• Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
• Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
• Ability to interface with all customer levels.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills