Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The Project Management Analyst will provide full project lifecycle support activities to include: proposal/BOE development, requirements gathering, staffing coordination, schedule development and maintenance, task progress tracking and reporting, and agile implementation. He/she will support select internal and Time & Materials (T&M) projects within a large, high-performance agile team. The ideal candidate will have a strong project management background and communication skills.
Under the Project Management Lead's supervision, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide project analysis and support which involves working with Engineers, Testers, Security, and other functional areas as necessary to determine requisite tasking, including examining and analyzing tasks to identify risks and determine timelines
- Serve as primary or backup Project Manager for ECIS-specific projects, including project planning, execution, and closeout
- Develop detailed plans for projects, including the schedule, the budget, outlining the duties of team members, identifying project goals, and establishing timelines
- Collaborate with various teams and hold meetings to develop project plans and present them to customers before starting the project
- Closely monitor each project to ensure that projects remain on track, meet deadlines, stay under budget, and develop according to plan
- Support efforts to implement Agile methodologies and techniques (Scrum, Kanban) into IT Operations, including standing up Scrum teams and participating in ceremonies
- Configuring and administering projects, dashboards, and task boards in Jira and Confluence
- Develop BOEs and proposal responses to CMS RFPs
- Work with internal staff as well as external organizations to determine acceptable deployment/upgrade activities that will minimize disruption to end users
- Provide support for deployment/installation activities, and resolve unplanned issues
- Develop and update documentation used in the deployment and management of defined products
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Master's degree with 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- At least 1 year of experience managing IT projects
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Able to plan/prioritize tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment and developing detailed analyses
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- A passion for quality and excellence
- PMP certification
- Experience working in agile environment
- Competency in Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional growth
Initiative-driven, pursuing goals beyond what is required or expected