No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos is seeking a Senior Mainframe Programmer!
Primary Responsibilities: Serves as a Systems Programmer in the mainframe environment, which provides mainframe systems support for DOJ-wide customers in an Enterprise data center environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Provide onsite support of SDS PM activities 10 weekends per year supporting products for which he or she is responsible.
This position requires:
1. Thorough knowledge of installation, customization, maintenance, and support of TCP/IP and VTAM
2. Strong SMP/e skills
3. Strong analytical, performance tuning and problem resolution skills
4. Proven ability to determine, analyze and resolve communications software and device related problem
5. Demonstrated high level communication skills and ability to develop positive relationships with customers, team members, vendor service providers and stakeholders
6. Ability to work independently and as a team member
7. Strong customer service skills
8. Experience installing and migrating new software releases
9. Demonstrated skills and experience in using IBM mainframe processors, z/OS and z/OSMF operating system and commands
Typically requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
Required Skills HW:
• IBM z196, IBM z10, IBM EC12, IBM TS3500 VTL
Required Skills SW:
• Operating Systems: z/OS, z/OSMF
• IBM SW: JES2, JCL, VTAM, TCPIP, IPSec, FTP, SNA, APPN, Enterprise Extender, NJE/IP, XCF, Resolver, SyslogD, SNMP, IBM utilities, SMP/e, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, Unix System Services, Configuration Assistant, ZEN, VPS, DRS, VMCF, TeleView,
• Languages: REXX
• Databases: DB2, Microsoft Access Database
• Other: BMC Remedy Change Management, Reflections
Active Top Secret clearance upfront
• Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
• Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
• Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
• Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
• Ability to interface with all customer levels.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.