Leidos has a career opening for a Senior Systems Engineer in Laurel, MD.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification, and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Provides senior-level support for maintenance, operation, and configuration of VMware. Performs required maintenance and support operations of a large VMware virtual infrastructure in accordance with established schedules and best practices.
• Configures, manages, and maintains the physical and virtual infrastructures.
• Designs, documents, tests, and implements virtual services and devices.
• Acts as a technical lead for major initiatives, changes, and deployments, and handle the diagnosis of complex issues within the virtual environment.
• Develops and maintains standard operating procedures.
• Detects, identifies, and performs complex problem isolation and resolution throughout the virtual architecture.
• Assesses and evaluates the current virtual computing infrastructure and provides recommendations for enhancements.
• Develops, maintains, and implements a proactive capacity planning model to support business decisions.
• Develops and executes contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
• Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required; 5 yrs. of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• 20 years' experience as a Systems Engineer on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
• Candidate must possess of one of the following active certifications:
-Red Hat Certified Systems Engineer (RHCSE)
-Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate-Server (MCSA-Serv)
-Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
-NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA)
-XML Master Basic (XML)
-Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA)
-VMWare Certified Professional (Vsphere 5) - VCP5
-EMC Isilon Storage Professional (ICSP)
-Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
-Tibco Trained Professional-Enterprise Message Service (TTP-EMS)
-Riverbed Certified Solutions Professional (RCSP)
• Must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
**External Referral Eligible**