Leidos is seeking a Technical Writer with experience in project deliverables to support the Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) Automated Prescription Fulfillment System (APFS) project for the Department of Veterans Affairs. This position is contingent upon contract award.
This position is located in Leavenworth, Kansas and will support the VA's Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) Automated Prescription Fulfillment System (APFS) project. This program will be a highly-automated production facility which will employ a
mixture of robotic devices, conveyor systems, and human factors to accurately fill and ship over 80,000 prescriptions per day for healthcare beneficiaries including our nation's Veterans and patients eligible for care through Indian Health Service (IHS). The L-CMOP APFS will fully support industry dispensing trends, provide improvements in processing accuracy and timeliness of throughput, and contain all commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software applications.
- The Technical Writer / Deliverables Manager will provide documentation and deliverable's management support to assist the Program Manager, Deputy Program Manager, Chief Engineer, other staff members, and subcontractors in the execution of the Leavenworth CMOP AFPS development, delivery, installation, integration, and acceptance testing schedule to meet the requirements of the contract.
- Provide technical writing, document preparation, editing, and communication support and coordination in a manner consistent with Veterans Affairs and Leidos practices, for the development and production of project deliverables, work products, and other documentation for the Leavenworth CMOP APFS project.
- Edits, proofreads and provides writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents in support of program goals and objectives.
- Updates and maintains the project status with respect to deliverables submission requirements, schedules tasks and activities for deliverable development and review with deliverable authors, content SMEs, other technical editing/writing staff, peer reviewers, project managers, and government staff, and tracks and manages deliverables from inception to completion.
- M aintains configuration management of in-process and completed deliverables in the Leidos SharePoint / Vector deliverables repository; sets up and enforces documentation draft and final versions control.
Primary responsibilities Include:
- Work with project and technical staff in the formulation, development, editing, and revising project documentation and deliverables.
- Collaborate with content owners and subject matter experts, illustrators, and other key individuals in coordinating/ preparing the edited drafts.Interview subject matter experts and translate that information into compliant and compelling technical content.
- Review rough drafts and makes suggestions; check drafts for format, clarity and overall cohesiveness.Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- Create and standardize project documentation templates; continuously improve the documentation development and review process throughout project execution Apply "one-voice" within individual document-based deliverables and "common voice" across document-based deliverables for the entire scope of the program.
Basic Required Qualifications and Experience:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- U.S. Citizenship• Candidate must pass a National Agency Check (NAC) covering the past 5 years to obtain a VA Medium/BI Public Trust clearance•
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Media, Technology, or a related field coupled with 5+ years of experience as a Technical Writer. • Production and/or editing of implementation plans, process /methodology documents, monthly reports, technical user and administrator guides, training material, and other related documents. •
- Experience with document formatting, editing, structure and logic flow, as well as writing for non-technical audiences.
- Must have knowledge of MS Office applications, to include MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Experience with desktop publishing, automated work processing, and other digital information technology applications.
- Experience with VA, DoD, or other Federal agencies
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs within the last two years, to include previous possess of VA PIV card and VA network access
- Experience with Lync / Skype for BusinessAbility to operate in a multi-tasking environment.Knowledgeable of system/software engineering principles.Knowledgeable of pharmacy automation or other production-lines based engineering environments
- Experience in a Health Services environment is desirable.