The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Grounds Keeper to work at Fort Gordon in Georgia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the INSCOM G4 mission.
• Maintains grounds of industrial, commercial or government property such as buildings, camp and picnic grounds, parks, playgrounds, greenhouses, and athletic fields, and repairs structures and equipment, performing one or more of the following tasks: cut grass, using walking-type or riding mowers (less than 2000 lbs.), trim hedges and edges around walks, flowerbeds, and wells, using hedge trimmers, clippers and edging tools, prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth, using shears and other hand tools, sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer or insecticide.
• Job duties also include some or all of the following planting grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs, watering lawn and shrubs during dry periods, using hose or activating sprinkler system, picks up and burns or carts away leaves, paper or other litter; removing snow from walks, driveways, roads, or parking lots, using shovel and snow blower, spreads salt on walkways and other areas, repairing and painting fences, gates, benches, tables, guardrails, and outbuildings.
• Assists in repair of roads, walks, buildings, and mechanical equipment, and may clean comfort stations, offices workshop areas, and parking lots by sweeping, washing, mopping and polishing.
• Coordinates with Government point of contact to assist in oversight or escort for contractors on large scale beautification or renovation projects.
• Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.
• High School Diploma or equivalent with two years of experience working as a grounds keeper.
• Requires specialized in depth knowledge of tools and mechanical equipment to maintain grounds and INSCOM buildings.
• Required to meet US Government accepted and industry standards criteria for recycling or disposing of environmental waste.