The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Sr Drafting Specialist/CADD Technician to work at Fort Gordon in Georgia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the INSCOM G4 mission.
• Prepares Architectural and Engineering drawings of facilities, facility systems, and infrastructure in support of facility operations, maintenance, repair, and construction.
• Performs design and drafting assignments requiring advanced working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices, and techniques.
• Performs fieldwork, site surveys, and facility investigations to collect architectural, engineering, and infrastructure data needed for the completion of drawings and details.
• Develops and maintains a drawing database of supported facilities worldwide.
• Maintains all supported worldwide facility and utility drawings and provides this service to a variety of engineers and architects.
• Executes daily functions required for efficient operation of multiple hardware, software and databases. Conducts a variety of tasks to analyze and improve the efficiency and operations.
• Prepares, revises and changes engineering drawings on CADD System.
• Gathers supporting data and prepares detailed drawings which show dimensions and specifications of facility, utility, and related information.
• Meets designated schedule deadlines for delivering drawings.
• Prepares detailed layout, assembly, and working drawings; files and indexes drawings.
• Ensures plans are in accordance with project scope, client specifications, and standards.
• Works from sketches, notes, and other input material to produce computer generated drawings, overlays, graphs, and charts.
• Using technical data from specifications and site surveys, prepares drawing documentation for engineering change proposals and engineering installation plans for the installation/upgrade of complex electronic communications equipment.
• Defines and prepares illustrations for technical publications including INSCOM/IC regulations and pamphlets. Prepares documentation for briefings and technical reports.
• Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.
• Associate's Degree in Design Engineering or Engineering Technology with five years of experience in Engineering Drafting using AutoCADD and 3D drafting using Revit; or seven years' Military equivalent experience in engineering drafting using AutoCADD and 3D drafting using Revit.
• The capability to perform design studies where the design objectives are defined by a detailed physical specification.
• The ability to develop and accumulate raw data measurements from physical inspections of electronic equipment and facilities and transform the data into design layouts.
• The capability to produce, using a CADD system (including I/O devices), detailed electrical and electronic schematics. The ability to produce mechanical drawings from layouts in accordance with the most current versions of MIL-T-31000; MIL-STD-100 and to produce working drawings and schematics of parts and assemblies from sketches, layouts and design plans.