Leidos has an opening for a Software Lifecycle Manager to support the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. NEST is an IT Services program providing the end user computing needs to NASA. The program provides a range of IT services: On premises and cloud-based Windows and Linux server support, Windows, MacOS and Linux desk side support and workstation engineering, managed print services, Active Directory services and Microsoft Exchange support. The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Operations team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in one of the NASA locations (e.g., Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), Johnson Space Center (JSC), etc.). The individual will be a contributor to the NASA desktop software lifecycle management process responsible for helping track the desktop software used by NASA and generating packages for the client software.
• Gain knowledge of the desktop software used by NASA - Windows, macOS and Linux.
• Work with the NASA customer and NEST team members to understand the requirements for that software and evaluate the possible improvements in function or operation.
• Work with customers as required to ensure their needs are met.
• Work with other members of the team to generate the software packages to support security fixes, feature updates, etc.
• Work in a rapid paced environment
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule;
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 4 years' experience or equivalent years of experience.
• Understanding of Windows, Linux and macOS systems.
• Knowledge of software hierarchy - Operating System, Required desktop software (e.g., anti-virus, productivity apps (e.g., MS Office)), function specific software (e.g., MS Project).
• Detailed knowledge of the packaging details of all client platforms - Windows, macOS, Linux.
• Very good knowledge of the client/server architectures associated with Windows, Linux and macOS.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.