The Leidos NISC III program is looking for an IT Configuration Manager / DevOps engineer to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple mission critical IT projects simultaneously.
The candidate must have hands-on experience providing configuration management planning, automated deployments, process that allows only approved and validated changes to be incorporated into software and related product documents.
This position will require the candidate to be responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating and maintaining software applications, deployments and applying frameworks involved in a software release.
• Experience providing configuration management support to multiple IT projects simultaneously.
• Comprehensive knowledge of DevOps, configuration management field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments.
• Ability to work across organizations and functional areas.
• Experience implementing and using configuration management for multi-environment IT applications.
• Hands-on experience using continuous integration tools, JIRA, GIT and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
• Experience reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations and preparing deviations and waivers for government approval when specifications cannot be met.
• Experience describing provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of Agile methodology including Scrum and Kanban.
• Demonstrated ability to engage customers to resolve root cause issues in a positive, non-adversarial manner.
• Proven leadership skills, being independent worker and able to deliver with minimal or no supervision.
• Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions.
• Deep analytical skills to understand complex procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions.
• Demonstrated customer-facing stance.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar area and 12+ years of professional experience or a Master's degree and 10+ years of prior professional experience.
• Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certified.
• Familiar with Apache Subversion or any other source version control system.
• Experience with .NET C# Model View Controller (MVC) applications, GIT, Cloud technology, web services oriented architectures, MS SQL and Microsoft SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
• Previous experienced as software developer.
• Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
• Familiarity with FAA configuration management and transitioning systems to operations including change control board, Application Data Center (ADC), Enterprise Data Center (EDC) and MKS tickets.
• Knowledge of and experience managing FAA Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN).