Leidos has a career opening for a Network Engineer in Laurel, MD.
This unique network engineering opportunity will allow you to participate on a high-visibility DoD/Intel program that provides IT support, systems integration and life cycle support, enterprise application development, network engineering, information systems security (ISS), and 24x7x365 multi-tiered support to mission-focused offices worldwide.
• Conduct complex network problem analysis.
• Resolve complex network and telecommunications problems.
• Research, recommend, and evaluate network performance, optimization, and security solutions.
• Optimize end-to-end network system performance and traffic flow management.
• Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through problem analysis and use of network performance analytic tools.
• Assist system engineers and cross organizational teams to formulate solutions in response to mission requirements.
• Design and verify network solutions to support requirements for routing protocols, policy based routing, traffic shaping, border gateway protocols, tunneling IP Security, network address translations, network security, firewall contexts, load-balancing, latency, data throughput, WAN acceleration, and monitoring.
• Introduce and integrate new network and telecommunications technologies.
• Provide guidance and leadership to junior network engineers.
• Verify and validate activities of Level 0-2 network engineers, ensure approved methods and procedures are followed.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required; 5 additional years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• 10 years' experience as a Network Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Must possess an active CCNA certification (CCNA-Routing and Switching, Security, Video or Voice.)
• Must be able to routinely lift 35 lbs.
• You must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance to start the program.
*External Referral Eligible*