Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineer to work in our Orlando FL office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a SW team building applications for Windows based environments as well as cloud solutions supporting the USAF Mission Planning community.
The successful candidate will be energetic, eager to learn and comfortable working in a collaborative team environment. Under supervision, core responsibilities will focus on software development for the creation and modification of utilities for various Mission Planning needs. This will include the development of web applications, REST APIs, and occasional desktop utilities. Proficiency in Angular, Typescript, HTML, CSS, and interfacing with REST APIs is a must. Other general responsibilities will include: code reviews, unit testing, investigating/fixing bugs, version control, automated software testing, performance analysis, document creation/review, and applying the Agile software development methodology.
- Must hold a DoD Top Secret Level Security Clearance or be able to obtain; U.S. Citizenship required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a closely related field with a strong understanding of object oriented software concepts and 2-4+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Experience with Angular and TypeScript.
- Experience with any .NET programming language or Java.
- Experience calling/utilizing REST APIs.
- Knowledge of Integrated Development Environments (IDE) with Visual Studio experience preferred.
- Experience utilizing a source code version control system such as Git.
- Experience programmatically interfacing with a relational database.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Experience creating REST APIs.
- Knowledge of web authentication mechanisms to implement single sign-on.
- Familiarity with configuring basic web server settings.
- Familiarity with object relational mappers, such as .NET Entity Framework or Hibernate.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server or JIRA.
- Experience with common scripting tools such as Windows Command Prompt, PowerShell, and Developer Command Prompt for Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine environments and their use.